Re: [Harp-L] fender deville

I run a Fender Blues Deville for larger gigs.  It has four 10 inch speakers.
I have done allot of work on it to get it to sound good.  That amp did not
sound all that great stock.  Too clean and very harsh sounding.  Sterile
sounding if you will.   Here is a brief list of mods I did.

Add adjustable bias control to be able to reduce the bias current of power
tubes.

Replace preamp tubes with lower gain tubes.

Reduce plate voltage to the preamp tubes.

Add "sag" resistor to simulate sag of a tube rectifier.

Tweaked values of some signal caps to my liking.

Replaced two stock speakers.

This amp probably takes too much work to make it sound good for harp.  However
i got it for $300 used and don't have to worry too much about banging around
at gigs and so forth.  I did all the work myself which I enjoy doing.

The Deville with two 12 inch speakers may be more prone to feedback?  But I
can assure you that it will be a very loud amp.