[Harp-L] Re: '59 Bassman LTD set up

Thanks for the info Ray.

It's a great help.

Do you ever use the channel jumping thing. I hear that it thickens the sound, have you any thoughts on this?

Love the Macs. GarageBand is so cool!

Paul

www.kingleyharp.co.uk

On 12 Jun 2007, at 04:59, Ray Beltran wrote:

Varies by mic and venue, Paul.

With my CM mics, I generally set up my Bassman repro with 12AY7 in V1 (as you describe), run bass from 4-6, treble 3-5, no mids, presence 7-10, volume around 3.

(I should mention that I'll be experimenting soon with using a 12AT7 or 5751 in V1).

With ThunderHarp mics, it's about the same, but I get much more out of the tone controls than with any sort of vintage element. These mics are much more responsive to the tone controls, so I'll exploit this advantage.

When I had an EV605, it sounded tough with the Bassman. Go for it.

And when I had a 545, it was killer. That's a great combo right there.

Oh, and I like the sound of a GZ35 rec in there as well, but for lower volume gigs, I'll typically use a 5U4GB.

It's a very versatile amp. Check out the #2 input for lower volume gigs. And don't dismiss the Bright channel, either.

From one Mac user to another, have fun!

Ray.
--
My Music - www.resgraphics.com/music