[Harp-L] Re : Atlantic Canada Harmonica Festival/Americans need Passports

Excerpt of :

Atlantic Canada Harmonica Festival/Americans need Passports post .

Elizabeth sez :

" It sounds great, and Canada's a lovely place to visit, but I'd like to remind U.S. visitors to the Festival (and anywhere else in Canada for that matter), that passports are now required to fly to Canada and beginning January, 2008, I believe, Americans will be required to have passports even to drive across the two borders (Canadian and Mexican)....but since the backlog to obtain
a passport seems to be around three months at this juncture, there was a relief measure passed to allow air passengers to still travel through September 30, 2007 if proof was shown of an existing application for a passport due to this huge backlog

Elizabeth "

Hurricane sez :

Only passengers of international travel on airplanes to and from the USA are required to have a passport on them for entering or re entering the USA . If you fly within the USA and rent a car to drive into Canada you won't need a passport to re enter the USA .

I have traveled to Mexico and returned back into the USA many times recently in my car and never had to have a passport on me to re enter .

Nova Scotia sounds super sweet to me as far as being a  cool place to visit during the summer . In the summer here in the Coachella Valley the temps can reach 120 + with high humidity in August ( the month I leave the desert ) so I would would consider this a destination for a summer get away and maybe play some harp too . I wasn't aware such an even took place there so I did a net search and found not only the the Festival website :

< http://harmonicafestival.ca/photos.html  >

- - But also  - -

Low and behold on the cover page in the lower left bottom pic is of one of our list's members :

 " James Thurgood "

Blowin and playing guitar ! Great pic !

Sincerely :

Hurricane Ramon