[Harp-L] Brendan Power

Brendan,

Thank you for the links, unfortunately only the second or middle link worked, the other two gave me a 404 file not found error message.

My first question is, what instrument was that piece played on? I'm betting a valved diatonic, but I know I may be wrong.

You have changed my mind about the potential of playing a chromatic instrument as the tone on the piece I heard has balls, I hope you don't mind the language.

One thing this list has taught me is that there are a lot of great modern players that I have never heard and know nothing about.

You piece has taught me that a great player like yourself controls the tone of his instrument, the instrument doesn't dictate the tone to them.

Again, thank you for the links, I'd love to hear the other two if possible.

Any suggestions on my stumbling blocks?

More specifically, how do I get tone like that on a chromatic instrument, and how would you suggest I go about studying music theory, especially as it applies to harmonica playing?

I want to add to that that one list member has already offered me great advice on how to proceed from an earlier post of mine and I am not discounting that, I'm just looking for your perspective if you would be kind enough to share it.

Regards,

WTJ

Get a preview of Live Earth, the hottest event this summer - only on MSN http://liveearth.msn.com?source=msntaglineliveearthhm