Re: [Harp-L] Question about gapping harmonic's

Can you make your harps play better by changing the gaps?

Probably.

HOWEVER - Adam gaps Adam's harps to suit Adam's playing style and
preferences.

Your gapping should be to suit your preference.

Your preference may be to lower or raise gaps. Perhaps a little of
each.
And Oskars will be different from Marine Bands, which will be different
from Marine Band Deluxes, and so on.

If you find your harps are already leaky, raising gaps may worsen the
problem, as there is now more space for air to rush through.

While current Blues Harps are of completely different construction from
Marine Bands, they do both have wooden combs. Wood is less stable than
plstic or metal, and that may have something to do with your experience
of leakiness.

Or not. It's also true that stock harps come gapped for the mythical
beginner and tend to be gapped higher than some players like.

In other words, don't make any assumptions based on other people's
personal preferences. Experiment and find ourt what works for you.

Winslow