Re: [Harp-L] Not Little Walter in the video?

On Jun 15, 2007, at 11:46 PM, Winslow Yerxa wrote:

You mean this:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=5TZ7omxqzag

and this:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_GG2v8LBcBU

Most definitely Little Walter. I think the Hound Dog Taylor clip was
the one originally mentioned. There is a Cotton clip but that's not the
one under discussion.

Note Sonny Terry and Brownie McGhee waiting to go on at the far left at
about 1:56 in the Koko Taylor clip.

Winslow

The following is my recollection from around circa 63-67.

Walter Jacobs.......5' 9 13/16". 154 lbs. Hair was processed and combed over to one side similar to Sammy Davis Jr. A good looking man when younger, he was starting to show some age. His face was long and gaunt. He had prominent eyebrow bone structure, a (comparatively) long thin nose, and his skin tone was roughly equiv. to Hershey's dry cocoa mix. In the 3 times I saw him, I don't think he ever smiled.

James Cotton.......same height, but 202 lbs. His hair was au naturale. A robust man, his face was full, round and friendly, and his skin tone was closer to Nestle's Quick OR maybe even as light as Cafe Au-Lait. Jimmy HAS freckles. In the 3 times I saw him he never QUIT smiling.

I hope that this helps pick them out one from another.

smokey-joe