[Harp-L] The best delay

The best delay is the one you like the most, has the tone and features you want for that song. Tools are all useful, it just depends on the context. I have a favorite screwdriver I use because it fits most of the things I work on. But sometimes it's too big, sometimes too small and sometimes (rarely) the screws are something other than slotted heads. In those cases I use another screwdriver.

My favorite analog delay, and the one which I feel is by far the most musically compelling delay I've ever used is the Moog Moogerfooger MF-104. Frankly, I don't have much of a need for other delays because of it. But, I do own a few other delays because occasionally I want something different (like the out-of-control squelching that the Blacet Time Machine does so well). I do wish I had a tape echo, but expense is a factor there (and since I have the Moog, my desire for another delay is rather small). That said, there are many fine delays (analog and digital) which may be someone else's favorite delay.

BTW, tape echo first came on the market in the mid to late 1950's.

()() JR "Bulldogge" Ross () () & Snuffy, too:) `----'