Re: [Harp-L] Fender 59 Bassman Ltd reissue

Hi Tony,

What everybody says about the fact that you. will only sound like you is true.

However, The Fender Bassman is the amp that the pros have used predominantly for years.
Until the relevantly recent prodution of boutique amps.
So this alone speaks for it's self.
If you ask most pro players they will tell you that at some point they have used a Bassman and / or still do.

Regarding the best way to set it up, well this all depends on your personal style and preference.
However there are a couple of things that you can do to help you reach that.

1. Change out the first preamp valve / tube on the right (looking at the amp from the back) for a 12AY7 or a 12AU7.
2. Upgrade the stock valves / tubes to something like JJ Tesla valves / tubes.
3. Play it as much as possible to break in the speakers and to get to know the amp.
4. Mess about with various tone volume / settings until you find one you are happy with.

I recently got a Bassman LTD and I love the sound of it!

Hope this helps

Paul
www.kingleyharp.co.uk