Re: [Harp-L] poor man's embossing station (with appropriate thanks)

Hi Ron,

Reed flattening does slightly widen the reed (so emboss after), and it also will take the side to side curvature out (like a slight bow that may occur when the reed is made) which should increase reed life. The scoring has do with with the milling marks that go side to side, and also tuning gouges from before. I think cutting through those end to end on the reed can improve response and increase life.

Rupert Oysler
www.harprepair.com
www.seydelusa.com