[Harp-L] Re. Panasonic 3005 delay chip - Boss DM2

Not all Boss DM2 ( even black label Japanese made ones ) delay pedals are
created the same.

To find out which is which simply unscrew the back plate of the pedal
housing, remove the insulating plastic insert ( unless someone has taken it
out ( common) and not replaced it.

The circuit board is then easy to hinge out, whereupon you can see the
component side of the board. The Panasonic 3005 is one of the largest items
on the board - dark, rectangular and flat with multiple pins - the number of
the chip is printed on top in lighter ink. 'Saright?

 I don't mind the sound of later Panasonic versions of the chip ( they have
a bit of a rawer edge that they contribute to the tone ) but the best - at
least to my 58 year old sonically damaged - ear is the 3005. For what it's
worth.

Roger 'Wader' Boyce
South Island
New Zealand