Re: [Harp-L] To Gear Or Not To Gear

Good acoustic players can become good amplified players with great gear.
And I say, when talking about amplifiers, you can't get great tone without
great tubes.  That's why NOS Mullards go for so much money.  And NOS
Telefunkens, and 1950's JAN s etc.

I have to agree as I just put a Telefunken 6V6 and a Tungsol AU7 to replace the JJ's in my Harp Gear 2 amp and it definetaly made a difference. It was great before but now breaks up sooner and has a richer tone.
Gear does not make a harp player a better player but does help him sound better.

Bob "The Captain" Boyd
www.texastide.com
San Antonio, Texas