Re: [Harp-L] plagarism

Note for note without attribution I would say is plagarism.
In college they make you give a foot note at least.
Now with these old tunes the copyright may have run out.
I think the old law gave you fifty years max. I think it was twenty five with a twenty five renewal but i could be wrong. The new law is much better.

Emile  Diggs D'Amico

>>> "Glenn Weiser" <celticguitar1@xxxxxxxxxxxx> 06/29/07 12:58 PM >>>
I heard a well known harmonica player last weekend and found that this person was taking solos note-for-note from Sonny Boy II and Little Walter and inserting them into other songs without attribution, therefore passing
them off as original improvisations. I consider this musical plagarism, probably commited to cover up a deficiency in improvising. Does anyone agrees that this would constitute plagarism? It is almost certainly a copyright violation. I don't want to name this person at this point.

-Glenn Weiser