Re: [Harp-L] Re: Harmonica Ensembles in America

Hi, John,

I wonder whether you're painting too rosy a picture of what's happening in the US. I get the impression that Asian harmonica groups consist of many youthful players. Let's say the average age is 20, for argument's sake.

Of the few harmonica festivals I've attended so far, the average age among participants seems to be closer to 70. Perhaps a slight exaggeration, but not by much.

This does not bode well for sustainability. There is no organized educational system for teaching harmonica to America's youth.

Tom