[Harp-L] Diaphram vibrato

I also fall into the category of clueless about diaphram vibrato.

  I have met many people who claim to have it, but when I ask to see their stomach while they do it, it is clear that it is regular throat vibrato.   I have met around 10 people who move their diaphram and it sounds horrible.

  I have met around two people with pro sounding vibratos that I would not trade for my throat vibrato and just last week I saw Adam Gussow's You Tube where he shows his stomach and it sounded great, although I really didn't hear that much difference between that and his throat vibrato, but it did sound great.  I emailed Adam via You Tube to explain it, because he did not really go into the hows of it.  Perhaps he will go into more detail.

  I really don't understand what you are talking about with the epiglotis.  Perhaps I don't really know what the epiglotis is or how to manipulate it.  I often notice that I learn better with one on one lessons where talking is involved, as opposed to reading.  If anyone would be willing to do a phone or webcam lesson, I am willing to either pay or trade a lesson.

  Email me offlist.
  Thanks,
  Michael Rubin
  Michaelrubinharmonica.com