Re: [Harp-L] Subject: Re: Joe Filisko and what it REALLY is all about...

Glad to see that Elizabeth. Thank you.

I just received the Filisko and Noden Live CD this past week. It is a gem.
There is something wonderfully understated about Filisko's virtuosity. It
comes across in the video as well.

I also got the Improbabillies CD. The musicianship on this one is
wonderful -- there is a great balance among the musicians.

The Filisko Noden CD also has very good liner notes, by the way.

Two great disks.

John
Montreal

> Forgive me if this has been posted before, but it's MY first  time seeing
it.

> The incomparable Joe Filisko of this list, SPAH, Buckeye (at least  one I
> attended), customizer non pareil...showing here doing a tribute to  Deford
Bailey
> at the NHL (in Bristol, UK) why he is also one of the most  brilliant
players
> in the World.  I've had the good fortune to be the  beneficiary of Joe's
> expertise on how to use breathing to overcome  stage fright while playing
> harmonica...and it helped me play onstage for  the first time ever.  Those
who know
> him describe the nicest,  most unassuming person on the face of the
Planet, with
> a  terrific sense of humour.  His entire life is geared  towards helping
> others.
>
> To find a recent video of him playing so brilliantly...close up, is
> thrilling. Notice no histrionics...no fancy footwork, mics or  anything
extraneous.
> Just Joe, one hand and a harp.
>
> Wow!:     _Click  here: YouTube - Joe Filisko plays a DeFord Bailey
medley_

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vw95vo82y9o&feature=PlayList&p=055C6ABC996A5
743&