[Harp-L] On Stage, Wrong Harp!

I bet this has happened to most of us at least once.  Tonight I was at a
Robert Randolph concert, and knowing that he often invites people to come up
on stage and play guitar with him, I packed a couple of harps just in case.
Sure enough, he started looking for jammers, I held up a shiny Lee Oskar,
and he called me up there to play.  But when I got up on stage, he said the
song was in A, and I only had F and C harps on me.  My fourth position ain't
exactly solid, so I very reluctantly told him I didn't have the right key
and stepped down off the stage.

So I blew a chance to play with one of the greatest guitar players in the
world and one of my musical heroes.  The only silver lining is that he is
playing the same venue on Sunday night, and I'll be back with ALL the
natural keys.  I sent Robert a message to that effect through one of his
bandmates, so hopefully I'll get a second chance...

Jonathan Metts