Re: [Harp-L] Hummel, Wilson, Musselwhite recent shows equipment FYI

Thanks to Mike for a nice review on the equipment used for the Harmonica Blow Out shows.

I only experienced the one in Orlando.

The only factor that Mike left out of his description was that the HarpGear amp was the only harmonica amp that was mic'd and put through the BOSE system in Orlando. Having myself demo'd and played with just about all of Brian's amps and also tried the direct output from a HarpGear through the BOSE system last year, this is indeed a powerful combination to fill a medium/large venue with honeydripping fat blues tone. Standing at the back of the room, Mark Hummel was VERY impressed and happy with the tone of this amplifier.

A lot of magic happened putting this show together and the night of the performance (of which I will post a review soon), but I am very happy that Brian Purdy made the "breakthrough connection" with a legendary elder statesman of the blues and put a HarpGear out there on a high profile tour. Charlie was clearly happy with his new purchase - a great upgrade from the ol' weighsatoncracklyredknob twin reverb.

The Iceman