Re: [Harp-L] Subject: Re: Best Harmonica Songs Ever! (Orange Blossom Special ...

In a message dated 3/5/2007 9:28:11 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
EGS1217@xxxxxxx writes:

     I'm from Kentucky, I grew up hearing this  song. I remember coddleing
eggs (looking for cracks)  and hearing this with  the wind blowin' outside and
the old men grinnin' about the deer they shot last  night. Charlie McCoy was
the absolute man when it came to instrumentals . Nobody  really thought about
what was right or wrong about this song, they just got into  it. I'd like to
think that Charlie was feelin' good and played what came in his  mind. Lay back
and groove, that's what he did, I bet he wouldn't even attempt to  play it the
same way twice. I won't talk about the difference between good shine  and bad
shine but I bet it came into play.
              Randy

Which kind of bears up  with the premise that no one knew of  its
origins...so
Charlie McCoy may have had absolutely no idea when he  recorded his
harmonica take of it in 1969 which is still an  incredibly mind  blowing
harmonica
version of what was generally  considered to be  "the" country fiddle  song.

http://www.aol.com.