[Harp-L] Paul de Lay - Artist of the First Water

Have to Weigh In

³Can anything be sadder than work left unfinished?" That quote sums up my
feelings at hearing of Paul deLay's untimely death.

Others have already written of his trials and triumph over them.

I'd like to speak of the loss of an artist, an artist of the first water.

I want more brilliantly crafted, world-wise, songs and virtuoso harmonica
playing from Mr.deLay just as I want more film from Andrei Tarkovsky, more
impromptus from Schubert, singing from Marvin Gaye, books from Nabokov and
Knut Hamsun, photographs from August Sander, Harry Callahan & Diane Arbus,
choreography from George Balanchine, poems from Federico Garcia Lorca,
paintings from Willem de Kooning and Philip Guston, horn playing from
Charlie Parker and singing from the Columbia years Sinatra.............ad
infinitum.

I delight in the artists I list here (with Paul deLay prominent and
appropriate among them) because they delight me and speak to my condition.

 All of them have made me cry in private and laugh out loud. All of them
were evidence, to me, that art alone justifies mans existence and encourages
us to persevere simply to make more of it - and to generate more human
delight.

Excuse my small f french but - SHIT - that's bad news indeed.

Faithfully
Wader