RE: [Harp-L] Mark Ford Equipment

Hey list,

I was able to hang out with Mark briefly at SPAH in Dallas a few years ago.
He was one of my BIG early influences, & I wanted to know what his set up
was. He showed me his rig which consisted of a 70's or maybe 80's era ART
pre-amp, I don't remember exactly which model, running into "any loud  fender amp" -
 he didn't even care if it was solid state.  He ran the  pre-amp pretty much
flat out & kept the amp volume at at around two. He  is a big advocate of a
volume pedal.

 I thought his show was one of the best harp concerts I've heard. Cool
ideas, MASSIVE tone, though probably not to blues purists' taste.

Nobody else seems to hear it, (& Jason says Mark is not an influence,)  but I
always thought Jason Ricci's tone (& even his style) had a  lot of Mark in it.

His CD with brother Robben Ford's  The Blue Line is an all time  fave.

Later,
Rosco

_may.be  au.gust_ (http://www.maybeaugust.com/)   website

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?playlistId=1890315
55&s=143441&i=189032015

buy  CDs, sample music:CD Baby: maybe august

_myspace -  www.myspace.com/maybeaugust_ (http://www.myspace.com/maybeaugust)

http://www.aol.com.