[Harp-L] ref vol 43 issue 23 msg 11 Any better mics then a Shure 57 for micing amps.

I really believe that the Pocket Mic (PM) which is placed inside the back of the amp, with a cable that runs to the PA, is 'THE BEST" way to mic an amp.  We all know how much time and effort we have to go through to avoid feedback from the mic were playing through, adding another mic just adds more possible chance for feedback, since it's picking up everything around the amp also.

I've used  the PM in a Champ, Silvertone 1482 and a 1960 Ampeg Jet and it was Fantastic. Check them out at
http://www.holmeseng.com  you will be amazed at the sound and lack of any feedback.

KOH
Brasso
Alamo HOOT