[Harp-L] But when it comes right down to it,,

I think what bothers me the most about the harp player is how much he reminds me of myself, trying my best to achieve recognition. Maybe it's because he's standing, when the rest of the band is sitting. Who knows.

Again,,I think in listening to the old blues masters, it seems that they just play the music, sing, and get out of the way. It's not so much a vehicle for them to get noticed as it is them providing a vehicle for the music. There's not so much of this modern-day compulsion to mention who played what, etc.

Just a personal observation.

It's about the music.