To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, March 16, 2007 11:38 PM
Subject: [Harp-L] Who's Blowin' Reggae?

I just sat in with a reggae band tonight. I was out in the snow / ice storm
we have been experiencing and stopped by a club I never had been in before.
I just wanted to get off the road for a while. Things were quiet and I had a
chance to talk with the band. Next thing I know I am sent to the car for my
harps! I have played some reggae tunes before but they were pulling out all
sorts of stuff I never heard before. It seems like almost every tune was in
a minor key. I mostly stayed in 5th position and tried some 3rd. I pulled it
off ok but wasn't thrilled with everything I did.

So who here on harp-l is blowin' some of this minor key reggae stuff? What
position(s) do you prefer? Any recommendations on recordings I should check
out with reggae harp? I guess I did ok because they took my card and said
they want me to do some gigs with them. I hit some sweet licks and added
some nice background spice but I just know I can do better. I never got
fully loose and in the flow like I wanted. Any feedback appreciated.

Warren Bee