[Harp-L] (no subject)

B. Boggs wrote:

Dennis Gruenling is, not only, an incredible harp player, he was able to teach each person at their level without any hint of condescension. The one class I took with him (at Larry Boy Pratt's home)  impressed me with his skill, humility and his efficient methods. It was not a fan club meeting, his focus was on  every player learning so they could leave with something of value.

Right on to that Boggs. I hosted the 2nd  Dennis Gruenling teach in here in Philadelphia and for numerous reasons only 3 guys made it out. (Alan Seltzer & Bill Hines & 'Coach')
I wanted to postpone it for a better weather date.  Dennis said no, not to bother as it would be better  for one on one and folks would learn more when it's a small group.
(Pretty gracious for a guy who drove from the North Jersey Shore)
It was an informative 3 hours and I went away with new insights. A bonus was Seth Holtzman (Local Harmonica teacher & player) showed up late after Dennis left and we keyed and tried to play along with the new Filsko & Noden Live CD...then I had to throw Seth out at 1:30am or else I wouldn't have any beer left!

James Day
"Banned from myspace"
www.jameswday.com