Re: [Harp-L] clarinets come in many flavors too

Turkish clarinet is in G, because they can "bend" the notes easier  (not
kidding).
This site here says: "Did you know there are (as far as I know) 27 different
types of clarinets..."
http://hem.passagen.se/eriahl/clarinet.htm

Ludo

Philharpn wrote: <Philharpn@xxxxxxx>If you think that harmonicas are the
only instrument that come in a variety
of keys, check out the current state of the clarinet world.

I recently ordered a 7-string guitar (for jazz) and received a band
catalogue
along with it. Checking out the current state of the band world (my kid was
marching trumpet for Michigan State University band), i noticed that
clarinets come is
Bb nickel
Bb wood
all priced at $1,000 (after the discount)

sure glad I collect harps ( collect more than I play these days)