[Harp-L] Rockers in the Rockies

Hey Harp-Lers,

I just heard from Jason Ricci that he will be joining Chris Michalek and Michael Rubin for an "instructional getaway" in Boulder, CO this May.  The full details and registration info will be in Danny's giglist on Wednesday, but since this event is coming together on short notice (especially for those who will be traveling a long way to attend), I wanted to give you all a heads-up right away.

The basics:
"Rockers in the Rockies" Instructional Getaway
Geared towards intermediate/advanced diatonic harmonica players
Instructors: Jason Ricci, Chris Michalek, and Michael Rubin
When: May 5-7 (Saturday through Monday), Noon-8pm each day
Where: Boulder Outlook Hotel, Boulder, CO (http://www.boulderoutlookhotel.com)
How Much: $250 for all three days -- no single-day passes; special hotel rate of $69/night if you mention the event when booking
Topics: playing in multiple genres (not just blues), overbends, uncommon positions, modal playing, extended soloing, amp settings, using lip-blocking and tongue-blocking together, playing in all three octaves, playing scales in multiple positions, and much more
Jams: There will be full-band jams on all three days, and every attendee will get to play with New Blood and learn how to give cues, manage dynamics, play with the band (not just soloing), and more

I should have the registration/contact info later today, so please look for that in the giglist on Wednesday.  I'll definitely be there, and I hope to meet many Harp-L people at the event!  My brain is already swimming at the thought of how much I'm going to improve in those three days.

Jason and New Blood also have a few concerts in and around Boulder prior to the seminar weekend, so check the giglist for those as well if you are thinking about attending.  Let me know if you have any questions and I'll do my best to answer them or track down the info you need to make your decision and travel plans.

Jonathan Metts