[Harp-L] Re: Need to buy a tuner (was New Hering Diatonic Harp?)

Ron - I have had great luck with Korg tuners. I have two of them and they both work great. When looking for a tuner for tuning harps, be sure to get a chromatic tuner that can be calibrated to 438, 439, 440. 441, 442, 443, 444 and 445.

I don't tune to the cent. I am not that precise. I merely calibrate the tuner to 440, 442, or 443 (depending on what reed I'm tuning) and then I tune the reed until the needle is straight up.

Peter Madcat Ruth
madcat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.madcatmusic.net

Ron wrote:
Madcat, my tuners jump around too much and often don't even register the
notes at all. I have a ton of harps that need work and need to buy a different
tuner.
What kind of tuner do u use to enable u to change a reed one cent with
such precision?
ron