Re: [Harp-L] Out of the box vs customising

JI = Just Intonation

I couldn't put it into words myself, but here's Pat Missin's take:

http://www.patmissin.com/tunings/tunings.html

Jim.

>>> "Walter Joyce" <wtjoyce45@xxxxxxxxxxx> 3/27/2007 12:34 PM >>>
fjm, please pardon my ignorance but what is a JI?

Walter Joyce

Haka Harri wrote:

    Garry, Thanks for a good answer. I will try out your suggestions
for
upgrading some of my harps. Only thing I can say from a debate point of
view
is: Would the literature written with quill pens have been much better
if
written on Microsoft Office Word 2003? :-)

Well actually it is very different because the writing process is so
different. Which brings up another point that I've tried to make in the

past. If you want to play like one of the Walters then you need to at
least
try JI because it is so integral to their approaches to playing the
instrument. fjm