[Harp-L] Re: Mouse vs. Hog 20 ...

Jim McBride asks:

  "So my question is ... does anyone have
experience with both amps and can compare them?
Tone, clean and dirty, volume, battery life,
whatever?"

   I've used both, and the first point is, I
don't think they are making the Maxi Mouse
anymore. Hog 20s are available new. Not sure what
that means vis-a-vis battery life, but I've had
my Mouse for 10 years or more and it's still
kicking. I recharge itbefore use and I've never
had it fade out.
   That said, I also have a Hog 20, which is what
I prefer to use if I'm just micing harps. It has
a little more body to the sound, but only one
input jack. The Mouse has two inputs that can be
set for voice/instrument, voice/voice or
instrument/instrument. No loss of battery life so
far.
   So basically, if I'm trying to travel light
and playing guitar and singing, Mouse is my
choice. Harp only, it's the Hog 20.
   As to pricing, the Mouse originally cost
around $400-$500 IIRC, while you can get a new
Hog for under $150, IIRC. Usual disclaimers and
YMMV ...

Bob Loomis
Concord CA

Don't pick lemons.
See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.
http://autos.yahoo.com/new_cars.html