Re: Subject: [Harp-L] For Toots Fans...

But who played on 'Deputy Dawg'? (circa 1960-1972)
smo-joe

On Mar 28, 2007, at 2:10 PM, Winslow Yerxa wrote:

Some but not all. For instance Sanford and Son was Tommy Morgan. Cosby
was Toots on diatonic (at least the versions that appeared on a
subsequent Quicy album). Don't know about Ironsides. I think it
depended on what Quincy was after and who was in LA at any given time.

Toots did play on a number of Quincy's movie scores, including
Sugarland Express and the Getaway (I mean the '70s originals, not the
recent remakes; don't know about the scores for those at all). One one
of them, there is some stuff played by Tommy (bass harmonica, swamp
diatonic) and other stuff with Toots (the jazz ballads).

Winslow