Re: [Harp-L] death of live music?

Where I live, southern Arizona, the club scene is alive and well. There at least 10 live music venues within walking distance of my house. None of them tolerate cover bands. Lately I've been heartened by the focus on musicianship and the number of clubs supporting live music. The people who stay all night then come up and talk to the band after the last set have all been young lately. Subjectively I think the 90's were a lot worse. I know my access to listening to live bands has greatly improved. I do live in a large college town. fjm