Re: [Harp-L] harmonica in movie soundtracks

On Mar 31, 2007, at 3:30 PM, Mick Zaklan wrote:
.  Both films are great examples of what our instrument can do if
given a chance.  So I thought I'd give them some recognition.

Mick Zaklan

Being an old guy, I can remember quite a few old movies with some haunting harp in them. One that comes to mind is from around 1951 and called Midnight Lace. A really nice version of Blue Pacific Blues from the movie Sadie Thompson was done by Jerry Adler. Hush Hush Sweet Charlotte has a nice tune in it, as does Room at the top of the Stairs. Can't remember the others but there were several.
So, while people think that harp hasn't been around, they sometimes have to listen for it. Thanks Mick for taking me down memory lane.

smo-joe