[Harp-L] Re: Further reflections on a "favorite key"

Ron said:

> Bob, i admire your  lack of inhibition.

Well,,to put it in context,,I was the guy back in the sixties, who, having
been introduced to the idea of "living without clothing", at a summer house
some of my friends and I rented in Venice, California, 1968, decided to
propagate this idea to another friend's house in Santa Monica one night. It
was a party, and upon arriving, I simply doffed my clothes, took up position
in front of the door, in the living room, and did a yoga-style headstand,
stayed there as people came and went for some time, and having left the
message, took off.

Inhibitions? The sixties took care of those.

>   If i had to choose one harp, it would be key of C. One reason  is
because a
> C harp lies about midway tonally between  the low sound of the G harp and
> that of the other extreme, the F#  harp.  It also has a midway type
> responsiveness, re amount of breath  required.  Also, because the key of C
has no sharps or
> flats, it helps  simplify music theory type questions.
>   I hope I'm making myself clear.
> Ron - FL Keys

Careful. If you make yourself clear nobody will be able to see you. It's
always better to retain a certain amount of color.

Okay,,,"C",,hmmm,,,

Similar reasons people have for choosing Bb, except for the key signature.

Bob