[Harp-L] Favorite harp key

Funny this should come up today. I was playing with a new pitch shifter  last
night, with "1 octave up", "1 octave down" etc., trying out low-pitched
harps with a tone above and high-pitched harps with a tone below....
I got so caught up just playing the E harp in cross position, I turned  off
the effect and just had my own little E-party for awhile.
Something about the responsiveness of an E harp. They always feel  nice and
tight, with a quick response and a satisfying bark coming off a  bend. I get
that (in the best sense) "squealin' feelin'....Not a lot of tunes  based in B
though.

But it got me to thinking, which is generally dangerous: Is a
well-customized harp going to give me that same sort of response in other keys?  I know this
is a bit subjective. Any insight here?

Thanks,
Jeff G
Denver