[Harp-L] Re: Art Tube MP

I had an Art Tube MP but almost never used it, and eventually sold it. I originally bought it thinking I would use it to get tube distortion straight into the PA without having to carry an amp around. It can do this but I found the sound much too bright for harmonica. It definitely needed a tone adjustment to kill the high end. My impression is that it was made for vocals and the highs and mids were emphasized - exactly the opposite of what's needed for harp. Perhaps if you put some other effect in series that had a tone adjustment, or if you cut back the highs on the PA you might get a nice sound out of it.

  Jim McBride
  www.bottle-o-blues.com

 Check outnew cars at Yahoo! Autos.