Re: [Harp-L] Re: Great CD

I've been jamming with that album for a couple of years.  Mick Martin's
turned me on to it.

On 5/2/07, Joe Lempkowski <mr_jlemko@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

SONNYTONE wrote:

>I was looking for  music to workout to and found
>Harp Attack with Cotton, Carey Bell, Junior Wells
>and Billy Branch. The tone of all of them plus the
>great musicians is easy to follow, and the pros
>like these guys do less is best, but with monster
>tone.  Jimmy Cotton is clean and still sounds
>tremendous.
>
>When you can tell someone by  one note, that
>says something about them. Just passing along my
>opinion on a  great CD to practice to. Seeing Cotton
>in the 70's with Kenny Johnson on drums  and Charles
>Calamese ( before his untimely car accident ) was
>just awesome,  probably the best blues show to my
>memory, no disrespect to Kim, but Cotton really
>never gets mentioned on the list.

Bell, Branch, Cotton and Wells combined don't get
mnetioned much on this list.  Carey Bell, James Cotton
and Junior Wells were around during the post-war
Chicago craze in the 50's and have been a direct or
indirect influence on every blues harp player since
that time.  Billy Branch has introduced thousands of
kids to the harp through his Blues In The Schools
programs.  He's a blues educator and one of the most
recorded blues harp players of our time appearing on
over 100 recordings.

It's a shame that they go overlooked by the current
generation of blues harp players, because each of
these guys have monster talent.