Re: [Harp-L] Global Harmonica Marketing (was: ProMaster Locking Up?)

Daniel Bernard wrote:
> By the way!  Am I the only one on this list that is pissed off
> that Suzuki sells a different product line in different parts
> of the world?  Is that my imagination?  Does that make anybody
> else angry, or is it just me?

Hohner sells models in Europe and Asia that aren't available in the
US.  For a while they were selling an MS Marine Band outside the US
that (thankfully) wasn't available here.  Tombo harmonica are marketed
by Lee Oskar exclusively in North America, and excludes everything but
the Lee Oskar named variation of their Major Boy and Minor Boy.

In my humble opinion, Suzuki dropped the ball when they switched to
spot welded reeds.  Now if I spend a substantial premium to buy a Fire
Breath or a Pure Harp and I blow out a reed, replacing only the failed
reed is problematic.

-tim