[Harp-L] magnets

In a message dated 5/3/2007 2:44:13 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, Kenji  writes:

http://www.harponline.de/index.php?page=specials/hering/specials106_goldblow_0
1&lang_id=en_GB
Hering released new diatonic harps, customized for overs. Among several
interesting characteristics, they're using magnets near the reeds.

Thanks, Kenji.  That link re the Herings was interesting, tho some of  the
info was a little unclear and confusing for my brain to comprehend.  I  had no
idea these harps existed.
  A few years ago back i got a Hering Black  Blues.  Beautiful harp, great
feel, heavy, thick reedplates, stainless  steel covers, tho it was very
non-responsive, imho.  I had to  re-gap it, but once customized, I loved it.
  But after a good bit of playing when a reed needed to be replaced, i  found
out that Herings use different size reeds than my stock of junk Special 20
reeds, which added to the work necessary to replace it.  Thanks to the  usual
sources, Harp-L and Rupert Oysler's Harp Repair disk, i got thru it.   So far
it's lasting.
ron - crossing my fingers for luck