Re: [Harp-L] Re: Art Tube MP

<<The fact that these preamps are so inexpensive can actually benefit
recording harmonicas>>

Good idea.

Many tube powered guitar/harp amps are SO NOISY..  Fender, Vox  etc...No
problem on stage, but a pain when recording.

I intend to try one of the little tube preamps and DI, when I next  want to
record "electric" style harp.

Many years ago I used a 1960's 4 watt Selmar "Little Giant" guitar amp  for
recording,  which sounded great on records, with very little "noise" or
"Hum"... When it packed up I chucked it away... BIG MISTAKE... Wish I still had  it.

Lately I use a solid state Pignose amplifier for recording, the battery
powered smallest one.... It sounds great for harp on record, with a vocal mic or
a Crystal Balls JT-30.

Best wishes
John "Whiteboy" Walden
London