Re: [Harp-L] Harper(s) Who play guitar(s)

Last band I played in, for money, they invited me to play when they heard my
harp. A couple of rehearsals later, when they heard my guitar, I was doing
"double duty" from that point on. I'd play a few tunes on guitar, then some
on harp, then eventually, we did some songs where I'd do both harp and
guitar in the same song, alternately. I never got the rack thing going
though. It just didn't allow me to "handle" the harp enough for my liking.
Probably if I'd had the cash to spend on one of those nice harp racks I'd
try it again.

But a few times, I'd play harp in the first part of the tune, then switch to
slide guitar, using the harp for the slide. That got 'em goin'.

I quit the band when I got punomia, and couldn't spell it.

(Had other reasons, too noomerus to mention.)

Bob

p.s.,,one lesson I learnt. When you suddenly drop the ball on a band that
thinks you're the greatest thing since sliced bread, don't expect a welcome
mat when you become "interested" in playing again. They've "gone
on",,guaranteed. Even IF you have the chops, dependability counts for a
lot,,at least as much as talent.