[Harp-L] Re : Re: Harper(s) who play guitar(s)

Hurricane sez ;

Hey Tom :

That pic of you with that Old Timey Washburn was killer , hows that old guitar play /sound ?

I was in N.H. 3 years ago , man those new England small college towns have some super music stores . I saw several vintage era Washburn  guitars like what you have except those did not have anywhere near the looks of the one you have . I should have snagged one while there as they were really reasonably priced , oh well snooze and loose :):

That pic of you & Kenny with you holding that Washburn came out super . It's got that timeless look .

Just started a recording project going back to a style of guitar / harp from the 1860's in Mexico to the end of that century , that style ( called " Camperino " ) with newly written songs by one of the duet that I recorded .

Two guitars & two vocals , I sweeten it up soon with EQ & a backing bass track and acoustic harmonica ( I'm looking for the model " La Centinela " as it's type is one of the fav's of that era , kind of a big diatonic like what James Cotton and guys like him use occasionally , dedicated by Hohner to Pancho Villa and his troops and the success the revolution of the 1910's  , but , a Special 20 will do and or one of my Huangs  ) I will use a synth bass guitar sound from my Roland GR33 guitar synth module , it's the " Guitarron " sound , the acoustic bass guitar Mexican mariachi bands use I hope it works out , we will see :)

Other instruments of that era that were included in " Camperino " music were the violin and the small lap stringed harp .

There's a group from Mexico that tours world wide with this genre of music , cool huh , only one I know of recording and touring world wide doing this genre , and they are a busy trio , guitar , harmonica and the lap harp plus the vocal(s).

This music is the back bone of modern 20th century  Mexican

" Ranchera "

music the type mostly associated with mariachis and the like there after .

It features prominently the harmonica as a lead instrument but as we also know it is also a chording rhythmic instrument too that figures also into this genres music  as well  .

I'm using  EV mics ( they sound a lot like a Shure SM57s with out being to bright ) with my Digitech DAW guitar workstation , so far the first part of the recording session went down really nice , wish me luck .

I have done demos for many musicians using reel to reels in the past , how ever , this is my first digital romp ! And it was really a lot of fun too .

Easy Blood

Sincerely

HR

Aka :