Re: [Harp-L] New or used gear

Howard wrote:

> > My Holland has seen better days and probably needs a tune up.  It
> > started humming really loud last night.   I figure now's a good
> > time to find something different.

<It's possible the humming is because of a power supply problem - e.g.
<one of the electrolytic capacitors might be shot. It *could* be
<relatively cheap to repair... less than $2000 anyway  :)    After that
<you could still buy a second amp too.

Howard's advice is very, very good. Contact Ron Holmes at Holmes Electronics. (Do a google search.) He can probably repair that amp for a couple of hundred or so, give or take, and including shipping and handling. If you give him the go-ahead, he can probably do some new things to it that will make you fall in love with it all over again.

Them if you've still got a jones for another amp, you'll have $1800 left to play with. I think there's a Sonny Junior that sells in that range.

Or you could just keep the $1800. From what I hear, a Holland in good condition is a pretty good amp.

Regards, Richard Hunter
hunterharp.com
latest mp3s at http://broadjam.com./rhunter