[Harp-L] Seydel Harmonicas and Rupert Oysler's Harp Repair - GREAT!

Seydel provided me with a form for ordering custom tuned harps and suggested I make it available to general harp community. The form is a PDF file. As an additional aid they also provided an Equal Tuning Piano layout with the equal tuned frequencies of each key. This additional PDF is just an aid. Seydel will provide other tunings and, as is mentioned above, even custom tunings.

I would be glad to upload these files to the harp-l-archives, but have not been able to figure out how to do that. I've read the instructions on the Yahoo harp-l-archive group site, which says in part

  1. Go to the Files area of your group.
  2. Browse through the folders until you find the location where you
     would like to add the file. Click *Add File*.

In the files area I can find no folder and no *Add File* button. Would someone please provide usable instructions ?

I have done business with Seydel several times over the last year and a half and find them very accommodating and responsive to emails. Recently I discovered that Rupert Oysler is now their U.S. distributor and is stocking Seydel harmonicas. I just ordered two Blues Sessions with the antique covers from Rupert and he had them both in stock. I also recently send a harp to Rupert for adjustment. _/*I can't believe how well he has treated me!*/_

I highly recommend Seydel and Rupert.

Rupert's harp repair web site is, not surprisingly, http://www.harprepair.com/ <http://www.harprepair.com/>

Rupert's Seydel Site <www.seydelusa.com> www.seydelusa.com takes you to the U.S. (English language) version of Seydel's site. (If you are greeted in German just click on the 'english' selection near the top of the page.) If I understand correctly, orders placed on this site will be fulfilled by Rupert and the shipping cost is substantially less when the order if filled here in the states vs. the international shipping costs that are incurred when orders are placed on Seydel's German site <http://www.seydel1847.de/>. Of course confirm all this at the time you place your order.

I really like the ergonomics of Seydel harmonicas. Anyone would appreciate the smooth rounded corners. As to playability and tone, those are subjective and personal; so you decide for yourself.

Other than for having recently bought a boat load of stock in Seydel and Rupert Oysler, Inc. I have no ties with either of them. I'm just very pleased with how they take care of customers and with the Seydel harps I have purchased. (In addition to several Blues Sessions I have a Chromatic Deluxe in G diminished tuning)

--
Paul