Re: [Harp-L] Re: Rockers in the Rockies

But is Ricci working on his 3 reeds to enable overblows, or just to
improve the tolerances for conventional bending etc.?
An overblow on three would give you, at most, exactly the same notes as
the draw bends,a feature that we could do more with on the harmonica
anyhow: think 2 draw/3 blow repeated in a few different places (which is
something the XB40 offers in quite a few places)
RD

Jeff writes:

> Chris also gives the 3
> hole (again, top and bottom  reeds) a lot of attention, because the 3
is so
> useful, especially in a blues  context, with the wide range of
available notes it
> offers).
>
> Thanks for the info Jeff.  Re OB'ing a 6 hole blow, a normal OB takes
 the
> note up 1 1/2 steps.
>   Re Chris spending time on the 3 hole blow, i think u meant 4 hole,
right?

probably not.  he didn't say 3 blow, he said 3.  and the 3 draw *is*
especially useful
in a blues context, with the wide range of available notes.  both reeds
needs to
be adjusted because the "blow" reed comes into play on bends.

----
Garry Hodgson, Senior Software Geek, AT&T CSO

nobody can do everything, but everybody can do something.
do something.