Re: [Harp-L] Re: Sonny Boy 2

The book Deep Blues by Robert Palmer (Not the Addicted to Love guy)
has an extensive section on SonnyBoy Ii.
I'm embarrassed to admit that that's actually where I learned about
him and only in the 80's having never heard him as a child in Alabama.
And yes, despite my lamentations about the original SonnyBoy, Rice
Miller was just incredible in a wholistic sense that seemed to meld
great harmonica technique with an intangible presence that many try to
immitate with unfortunate result.
And even when he was screwing up lyrics as in
"Close to you baby like Chinese twins", you might snicker a little,
but you knew he was bound to get close to that woman what ever kind of
twins it was.

Brad Trainham