Re: [Harp-L] Mustang Sally (cover tunes)

What's up with  that Mustang Sally stuff? I really enjoy playin' that tune.
Does that mean I  'aint a serious harp player? OOO no, I just realized that I
do it on the sax  too.
    My motto is, "if it feels good, play it!!"
       I've been playing some kind of  instrument or another on Mustang Sally
since 1969. I still get into the groove  of it, (when the band is tight) and
I never play the same thing twice on my lead  unless I do the lead on the sax.
I always see how much funk I can get away with  in between the bass player
and the drummer. It's always fun to do. One of my  favorite things to do when
playin' cover tunes is to play harp on songs that  don't traditionally have harp
on them at all. For example "Jesus Just  Left Chicago" and "La Grange", or
"Honky Tonk Women." I'd much rather play  those songs then "Road House Blues" or
"Long Train Runnin".Yea, those tunes have  been done to death, but if they's
a payin," then I'm a playin." So I'm very much  with you when you state what's
below my post.
         I guess "serious" is a  subjective opinion. I figure "serious" is
somebody that plays with an all out,  play from your heart on every song that
you play kind of harp player. Just  me.
                Randy
           BiscuitBoy  Blues

In a message dated 5/10/2007 8:13:27 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,