Subject: RE: [Harp-L] Can I play minor songs on the major harps?

You tell 'im Warren. :)

You sure missed an incredible chromatic AND diatonic Jazz tour de  force by
Smokey at Buckeye...you would have been front and center stomping  and
cheering...(and afterwards looking to add some chromatic to your  "Little Walter Meets
Mitch Miller" concept)....What a concept! ;)   Only you could pull something
like that off.  Just keep me up on when  and where...with plenty of notice to
get there, ok?  Sounds  terrific.

SmoJoe did some absolutely incredible Jazz stuff by himself at  Buckeye
(fronting the CarolBeth True group)...he ALSO included some  diatonic (you'd have
been proud) ...playing WITH Phil  Caltabellotta (their two chromatics somehow
just meld together  beautifully and I personally think they should work up
something  together a la dueting chromatics).... then later with Phil and Jim
Lohman  in the Hotel Lobby...that off-the-cuff session was even recorded by AJ
Fedor of Slidemeister.

Nobody videotaped the Jazz Cabaret afterwards) as far as we  know
"yet"....unfortunately.  And some of those performances  were unbelievable, especially
Smokey's "Little Sunflower"...which would be  terrific if someone caught it even
on audio...but so far, no luck.

Elizabeth

Warren writes:

"Smo-Joe,

Let's get one thing straight. I ain't your uncle.  And secondly, you will
never grow up. It's too late for  that.

Harp content: One day I wanna play chromatic like my grandpa  Smokey-Joe.

WB