Re: [Harp-L] Discussion on Creativity Comments- was Harmonica MasterClass

In a message dated 5/10/2007 5:01:56 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
winslowyerxa@xxxxxxxxx writes:

>  Well, I may just be blowing the lid off of a CLOSED MINDSET with what
>  I say
> and how I teach. Unfortunately, CLOSED MINDSETS have a  tendency to
> defend
> their  closed mindsets and even try  shooting the messenger, something
> I never
> could   understand.

That statement appears to be the messenger shooting at the  intended
recipients, who are quite prudently running  away.

Regardless of the value of your message, I don't see how you  will
convince anyone if you insult them first.

I know, I'm not very "politically correct" in my comments. Never cared much
for American cheese, either.

Heavens, I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything. The world is flat.
The earth is the center of the universe. Transcribing solos is the way to
enlightenment.

I like those who resonate at a high personal frequency - they aren't  usually
prudent, don't run away and they show genuine curiosity in something  new.
They are FUN to hang out with. Law of attraction - like attracts  like.

As to what I do and how I teach, it doesn't translate well to typing. Even
during lessons, I try to stay away from wordy explanations. Basically, I attach
 the beginning student to the groove directly, teach them about playing
silence  along with playing notes and have them ask a simple question musically,
pause and listen for the answer. The most important thing is to learn to  ask a
good question. The answer always reveals itself.

>From this simple premise you can build quite a structure.

Of course, an understanding of a few basic techniques is part of the
equation.

The Iceman