Re: [Harp-L] long slot short slot -- was: Suzuki Firebreath Reed Update

A little clarification goes a long way. Thank you for that, Winslow.

I have one further question.

I compare my D and Eb harps. Sure enough, the slots are the same. Hence, the
reeds are of the same length. The 1 and 2 draw reeds on the D have extra
weight at the tips than the respective reeds on the Eb.

So the question is, is there any difference between the reeds that have no
extra weight at the tips? E.g. differences in thickness?

Or is it simply the case that the source ("minted" if you will) reed for a
D-harp 5 draw is identical to the source reed for an E-flat 5 draw, and that
the differences in pitch are achieved from tuning before the harps hit the
market?

I presume the latter, but I don't know for sure. Anyone?

John