Re: [Harp-L] Create Mail

Although I wouldn't have used those words, you are correct. I play best when totally aggravated and my jaws are so tight, I could chew rail road spikes. Meanwhile all the philosophers need to get a grip. I don't want to hear a player play like an automoton. I don't want them to play like a corpse. I want them to play the way they FEEL. And on THAT day. It's not creativity. It's being a human with feelings.

I don't want repetition over and over with some dude (or dudess) who is up there just to fulfill their 'freebie'. I want Feeling. They don't have to be a great player. Just an HONEST player. Someone who gives a s**t that there's an audience there donating the precious moments of their lives. People who may have sacrificed to be there. People who may have risked their lives to be there.

That's why I never published a gig list. My daughter wanted to go to a concert in Cleveland with 3 other girls. My daughter wasn't allowed to go because she was too young. But the point is that the girls were hit by a small tanker truck loaded with home heating oil and everyone became Krispy Kritters. Those are the things that happen when people go to see entertainers. So, entertainers should think about that.

Nothing aggravates me more than some big shot star standing up there croaking out some trype just to suck on people's wallets. I have heard a lot of stars that, brilliant as their technique was, didn't move me. They were cookie cutter boring phonies.

smokey-joe